Information about Digene Acidity & Gas Relief Gel Mint
It is used to provide relief from acidity and gas. It provides quick and effective relief from symptoms of belching and bloating that is caused due to gas. It also improves the symptoms of acidity such as abdominal pain and stomach discomfort. It works by neutralizing the stomach acid in the body.
It is an antacid that contains magnesium hydroxide as one of its active ingredients. The magnesium hydroxide dissolves quickly in the stomach and provides quick action. It interacts with the stomach acid to produce magnesium chloride which when absorbed by the body provides rapid relief from acid reflux by neutralizing gastric acid. Also, the presence of aluminum hydroxide neutralizes the acid in the stomach but is known to act slowly. It is also known to inhibit the activity of the enzyme pepsin, thereby helping with heartburn.
This is a sugar-free formulation that provides effective action against acidity, reduces stomach pain, and protects the stomach from making excess acid, helping to provide long-lasting relief. Digene tablets come in a handy pack that can be kept within easy reach at home. It is a scientifically developed combination of active ingredients that provides this medicine a High ANC (Acid Neutralising Capacity) property.
These tablets are usually safe and don’t cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor’s recommendation. However, if your symptoms do not improve or if your condition worsens, consult your doctor immediately. Digene Tablet for Acidity and Gas Relief is available in multiple flavors such as orange and mixed fruit along with mint.
- Magnesium Hydroxide I.P: 25mg
- Simethicone I.P: 25mg
- Magnesium Aluminium Silicate Hydrate: 50mg
- Dried Aluminum Hydroxide Gel I.P: 300mg
Key benefits/uses of Digene Acidity & Gas Relief Tablet:
- Neutralizes excess stomach acid and protects the lining of the stomach from irritation
- Helps to relieve symptoms of extra gas, such as bloating and discomfort in the stomach
- Helps to reduce the overall acid level in the stomach
- Helps in reducing the feeling of indigestion and acidity
- Reduces gas in the stomach and relieves belching
Directions for use:
Ideally, adults are advised to chew or suck 2-4 tablets 1 hour after meals, preferably at bedtime or as advised by your physician. Children can take the tablets as per their doctor’s recommendation.
Quick tips for Digene Acidity & Gas Relief Tablet:
- Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to get the most out of this medication.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking as they may affect or be affected by this medicine such as antacids.
- Read the label carefully before use, do not exceed the recommended dosage of the tablet.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
- Pregnant women, lactating women, and individuals with any pre-existing condition should consult a doctor before taking the medicine.
- If the symptoms fail to improve or you experience any unwanted side effects, consult your doctor at the earliest to avoid any complications.
- In addition to taking this medicine, following a healthy diet loaded with essential nutrients can help in quick recovery.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this tablet, inform your doctor immediately.
- Take antacids about 1 hour after eating or when you have heartburn. DO NOT take them with food if you are taking them for symptoms at night.
- Do not give antacids to your kids without consulting your doctor. This is because kids usually do not suffer from heartburn and pain or discomfort in the stomach. If they do, it could be related to some other health conditions.
- People suffering from kidney disease or heart failure should get in touch with a doctor to know the right type of antacid. The reason being, most antacids contain electrolytes which can lead to fluid and electrolyte imbalance in the body.
Side effects of Digene Acidity & Gas Relief Tablet:
These tablets are usually safe and don’t cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor’s recommendation. However, if your symptoms do not improve or if your condition worsens, consult your doctor immediately.
Storage and safety information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Keep out of reach of the children.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
There are no reviews yet.